The Healthcare for Homeless People Team is led by Dr Ceri Todd working in partnership with the medical, para-medical & nursing staff of Abertawe Medical Partnership.
Nurse for Homeless & Vulnerable Adults
Mental Health Outreach Nurse
Healthcare for Homeless People aims to provide:
- Opportunistic engagement of patients who are homeless or vulnerable in a variety of venues across Swansea city centre.
- A service with no appointment system, to obtain engagement and promote compliance with treatment. Appointments are offered to those who want or need longer consultations.
- A non-judgemental attitude.
- A health promotion and disease prevention philosophy eg: immunisation to prevent influenza, pneumonia and hepatitis A&B and screenings for hepatitis C & HIV.
- A harm minimisation approach to drug and alcohol misuse.
- Co-ordination of care with voluntary and statutory services.
- A flexible service and a pro-active approach towards hard to reach patients presenting with chaotic and multiple need problems.
- Referrals and liaison into specialist services including ABMU Hepatology services, ABMU Community Drug & Alcohol Services, ABMU Intergrated Sexual Health Services, Swansea Primary Care Substance Abuse Liaison Team (PSALT).